Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE PHOENIX MEMORANDA


                                  And now the same old flame
                                                From this meager candle
                                                That listens to my sorrows,
                                                My grief;
                                                Is the exact, same
                                                Flame that stands
                                                Witness to my freedom.
                                                It sits right with me,
                blessing me
                                                In celebration of my
                                                Rebirth, filling my
                                                Chalice with its
                                                Its silent jubilation,
                                                Whispering
                                                There is hope yet.
                                                Its molten wax no longer
                                                Resembles pungent tears
                                                For so long, flooding
                                                My spirit.
                                                Now taking shape
                                                of great fervor,
                                                Victory…
                                                Peace…

                                    With this flame
                                                I have died a thousand deaths.
                                    From this fire,
                                                I shall rise yet again.




11:50pm
February 11, 2007
Vista Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment