Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE OTHER END


            I couldn’t think of anything
                        To say. At the moment
                        Everything’s running in swirls.
                        In my head.
                        My blood.
                        This aching chest…
                        Garden of the morose.

            This is a blank verse.

            All I see is a restless
                        Ball and chain. An unhappy wheel.
                        Clanking and ticking aimlessly.
                        Cacophonic against the tide.
                        Unceasing.
                        Redundantly melancholic.

            I left you a note.
                        The ink stains won’t budge.
                        Even as you cry reading.
                        Every single night
                        It remains written…
                        And you hear it when
                        You face the mirror.

            Never a moment that I
                        Left you. You wouldn’t let go…
                        Even if you try, you stand still.
                        And embrace my presence.
                        And you cry weary.
                        Telling me to go,
                        Holding my hand.

            Never a dull moment…
                        Never a lull.
                        I am always with you.
                        You wouldn’t let me go.
                        Even as I sit on the
                        Other end.
                        Waiting.
                        Watching you watch me.
                        Tear you apart.
                        Because you let me.
                        Stay.

            This is a blank verse.


9:53PM
17 Dec 08
Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment